PACM on Programming Languages (PACMPL) is a Gold Open Access journal publishing research papers selected for presentation at major SIGPLAN conferences.
- Full Title: PACM on Programming Languages
- Abbreviated Title: PACM Progr. Lang.
- Acronym: PACMPL
- Publisher: ACM (electronic format via Digital Library, no print format)
- ISSN: 2475-1421
- Annual Issues: No. ICFP (September), No. OOPSLA (October)
- ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Functional Programming (ICFP)
- ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Object-Oriented Programming, Systems, Languages, and Applications (OOPSLA)
The role of the advisory board is to guide and support the work of the editorial board and to provide institutional memory. The advisory board will consist of the following members:
- Chair of SIGPLAN
- Vice-Chair of SIGPLAN
- Past Chair of SIGPLAN
- One represenatative from each of the participating conferences' Steering Committees
- One member-at-large appointed by the ACM Publications Board
The SIGPLAN representatives serve for the same amount of time as their roles in SIGPLAN: three years. The representatives of the conferences Steering Committees and members-at-large will also serve for three years.
The role of the Editorial Board is to run the day-to-day operations of the journal. The editorial board will consist of (where N is the number of participating conferences):
- Editor-in-Chief: responsible for making sure the Journal information is always up-to-date, for coordination of the Editorial Board, for ensuring that the conferences conform to the editorial policies of the PACM series, and for planning longer-term editorial strategies. The Editor-in-Chief works directly with all the editors and advisors for proper operation of the journal, but does not play a direct role in paper selection. The Editor-in-Chief is appointed by the PACM Steering Committee in consultation with the journal's Advisory Board.
- N Associate Editors: current Program Committee Chairs, responsible for paper reviews and selection. The Associate Editors (aka Program Chairs) will continue to be selected by the conferences' Steering Committees.
- N Senior Editors: Associate Editors of the previous year, responsible for supporting the current Associate Editors
- N Assistant Editors: Program Committee Chairs of the following year, responsible for assisting the Associate Editors.
The Editor-in-Chief serves for a period of three years. All others have a tenure of one year in their roles. Roll-off dates from one role to another are the last days of the conferences.